Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Here are the pros and cons of the program as I see them so far:
- Lift 4 is only 4 workouts a week, so I have plenty of time for yoga and tennis! Most programs require 6days of workouts and I find that pretty restrictive and boring. I love that I can mix this program up by adding in yoga, spinning, and tennis. It’s perfect for the summer months where you want to spend more time outside.
- The workouts are short and go by fast. Each workout is a blend of cardio HIIT, weightlifting and abs, so the mix of movements makes the time go by much faster than just a standard weightlifting program.
- Joel is really easy on the eyes. Let’s face it… that helps.
- I’m lifting heavier and seeing results! Because the sets are short (no more than 10 reps per set) I have the courage to go a little heavier which builds strength and burns fat! Ladies, lifting heavy will NOT make you bulky.
- Joel talks…. a lot. I often find that I have to fast forward through some of his instructions as I don’t need that much support. This would be a pro if you’re new to weight lifting, but for me, less talking more action is preferred.
- I’d like the lifting sessions to be a wee bit longer. One more set would be ideal.
- You do an ab workout with every session. I don’t love working abs (although I know I need to).
Have I seen results yet?
Maybe. I think it’s too soon to tell given that I’ve only done 2 full weeks of the program, but I do weigh myself every day and I have gone down about 2lbs since starting. This can be due to any number of reasons, so I don’t want to give undue credit to this program. That said, I do think LIFT 4 is perfectly designed for fat burning which is something I’m highly invested in doing, particularly around the mid-section. If you didn’t catch my earlier post about the efficacy of burning belly fat with HIIT training, then you can head there now. Research has proven this to be the best method for attacking waistline issues.
Got Questions About Lift 4?
I bet you do! Here’s what people have asked me so far:
- Do you have to buy Shakeology with the program? No. You can just buy Beachbody on Demand and the workout upgrade.
- Do you have to join a challenge group? No. And if you purchase the workout program through me, I’ll send you my weight loss behavior modification program as a free bonus.
- Is there a money-back guarantee? Yep (only for 30 days tho!)
- What equipment do you need for the program? You can find everything you need right here.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.