Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Beachbody has really leveled up with the new Morning Meltdown 100 workout. It’s short, intense, but super effective. Below I’m sharing some early results folks are getting from the program, and a sample workout you can try for free!
-> Note: Scroll to the bottom to access the Morning Meltdown Sample Workout <-
Super trainer, Jericho McMatthews brings a fresh, millennial feel to this new home workout program with a bright backdrop, hip music and lots of variation in the program. She also wears the cutest outfits and looks like a fitness ninja with her dance moves and high ponytail. She’s one of the few trainers that doesn’t annoy me after day 3 (just being honest here!).
I’ve been working out to this program for approximately 40 days now, but sadly with some modifications since I have a shoulder injury that limits my upper body movement. You don’t realize how important shoulders are until you lose use of one, let me tell you Honor your joints my love, they are pretty useful things.
What Makes this program Special?
Well, it’s all done to live DJ music (good music!). It’s amazing to me how much faster a 30-minute session can go by when you’re enjoying what you’re listening to. There are also not one, but two modifiers in the program, so whether you’re an expert, intermediate or complete newbie to working out, there’s someone on the screen you can follow.
Morning Meltdown 100 Quick Review
The program is 100 days long (thanks, Captain Obvious!) and it’s a mash up of weights, cardio, kickboxing, HIIT and yoga. I love these kind of programs because I have the patience of a nat, so mixing it up daily is a really good thing.
Best part? All the workouts are under 30 minutes (YASSS)! Back to that patience thing – I know working out is good for you, but it’s hard to rally for more than half an hour, am I right?
What’s Included in the Morning Meltdown Program?
The program has 100 unique workouts, so you’re never going to get board! They include upper and lower body strength, full body strength, core, cardio, MMA-inspired workouts and short HIIT sessions as well.
Morning Meltdown also includes:
- 2 weeks of prep workouts prior to the main workouts (these are optional)
- a Morning Meltdown 100 workout calendar to track your progress over 100 days
- a beautifully styled workbook and journal where you can track progress, check out fun and easy recipes and really keep yourself accountable and on track.
- 30 days of superfood nutrition smoothies or, a natural pre- and post-workout supplement (I love both, but if you get the smoothies, can I recommend the vegan chocolate? Omg, it’s so good!).
Morning Meltdown Workout Breakdown
All 100 workouts are broken down into 5 phases of 20 workouts each. In each phase, you’ll do a 10-workout cycle of 20- to 30-minute workouts, and then heat up the intensity and repeat those 10 with extra challenges. Light, medium, and heavy dumbbells are required (mat is optional).
Morning Meltdown Workout Calendar
You can access the Morning Meltdown workout calendar here, although it won’t tell you much unless you know what is involved in each workout. If you’re skeptical, try signing up for the free trial for Beachbody on Demand (which includes this workout free), so you can give it a whirl. If it’s not your jam, you can just cancel!
Is it a program just for super fit people?
Yes and no. I’ll be honest, most of the workouts are intense, but there’s a huge focus on modification. I do love a good workout, but I sometimes I need to take a breath and dial it baaaaaack. They are always showing ways to reduce the impact, yet still get a good sweat on. If you don’t like jumping, you won’t feel left out here at all.
You’ll need a few sets of hand weights and ideally a yoga mat. Beyond that, everything is done with body weight only.
- All the workouts are under 30 minutes, so it’s fast!
- The programming is FUN! You’ll forget that you’re actually working out.
- There’s a workbook that comes with the program that’s helpful if you like to journal and track your journey.
- Tons of modifications so you’re never left in the dust.
- Lots of variation of strength & flexibility, but at its core, this is a fat-burning program given the emphasis on cardio and HIIT.
- The meal plan. I suggest you just ignore it. I find with most Beachbody programs, they are way too restrictive with their recommended calories and as a woman over 40 who doesn’t handle carbs well, I don’t think their plans are the best choice for everyone. If you want a low carb option, I’ve got one I can send over to you (just comment below).
If you’re not someone who can follow a meal plan but nutrition is a problem for you, I highly recommend looking into the 2B Mindset program. It’s a nutrition coaching program that’s based on sustainable behaviors. Honestly, I’ve reviewed a lot of diet plans, from Whole 30 to Keto and this program is head and shoulders above because it’s so intuitive. It was also developed by a Registered Dietitian with a very successful private practice and I’ve seen some amazing results from people that have gone through the program.
Morning Meltdown Results (Before & Afters)
I’m at a very comfortable weight right now because I do home workouts daily, but I’ve definitely seen improvement with this program. I think the focus on HIIT and cardio along with full-body strength sessions has made all the difference. It’s not the best program for muscle building, but if you want to burn fat, look no further.
With that said, check out these before and afters! It’s such a great reminder that when you put in the work, the results will FOLLOW! I’ll be sharing my own results when I get through the program, but so far, like I said, I’m definitely lighter from all the cardio.
How much does Morning Meltdown 100 cost?
At the time I’m writing this post, it’s $180 USD. That includes ALL Beachbody workouts, as well as the supplements (I recommend the performance line) which is an amazing deal. If you want to continue using the supplements after the first month, there is an additional cost, but the first month is included in the $180, which is a screaming good deal.
Btw, all of Beachbody products (including this one) come with a 30-day money back guarantee. I love that about this company.
How to Buy Morning Meltdown 100
You can get access to Morning Meltdown 100 program by clicking here.
- If you want the workout program with the superfood nutrition smoothies, which are ideal if you’re someone who doesn’t have time to eat healthy, click here.
- If you want the workout program with the all natural pre-and post workout, which is ideal for people who want to have more energy for their workouts (for better results), click here.
Morning Meltdown 100 Sample Workout
Give this workout a whirl and see what you think. I love Jericho’s energy and style. I never get bored with it. In fact, I did the HIIT workout this morning and while it kicked my butt, it was over in 20 minutes. Gotta love quick and effective workouts!
Good luck and let me know if you have questions!