Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
“The Work” is the latest workout released by Beachbody, the market leader in home fitness programs. If you’re someone who has been working out for a while and you’re looking to build lean muscle, then you’re going to LOVE this one.
The WORK: A Six Week Functional Training Program that Delivers Results
OMG, have I got a challenge for you! This advanced-level at-home fitness program is comprised of 36 pretty insane workouts that deliver lean muscle and torches fat. But they’re not as short as the typical workouts I talk about. They’re also not forgiving and they’re really not for everyone.
So, who is The Work for?
I would recommend this program to anyone who has a base fitness level. Ideally, you’ve lifted weights before, although you don’t have to have a lot of experience at it. The training in this program is comprehensive and it will give you the confidence to walk into any gym and know exactly what to do.
However, the training is tough. It’s not for the faint of heart, so if you’re juuuuuust starting to get into fitness – this is not where you want to dip your toe in. I’d recommend Morning Meltdown 100 for someone who wants to build muscle, lose fat and enjoy good beats along the way. (<-spoiler altert, you don’t have to do it in the morning, but it’s recommended).
Is “The Work” for you? Try the Fit Test and find out.
The best way to know if you’re ready for this workout is to take The Work Fit Test. If you can get through the recommended base minimum, then I suggest you give it a whirl. (This is also your starting point so you can track and measure your own fitness progress!).
The Work: Free Sample Workout
Here you go! If you try it, let me know what you think.
The Work: FAQ & Cost
What does the program come with?
The program pack includes:
- 36 unique advanced-level workouts + access to Beachbody on Demand which includes the entire library of over 700 works for a full year (<- this is worth every single penny and I use it daily)
- A Getting Started Guide
- A digital version of the fit test
- ‘The Work’ workout calendar (so you know when to do which program)
- A nutrition guide (although I always add additional sports nutrition or weight loss coaching to the standard guide)
- 30 days of supplements – Normally I suggest clients start with the superfood blend, but for this program, I think the Performance Pack is the way to go. You’ll need the added energy and recovery from the pre-and post workout supplements to keep you going with this one.
How much does The Work cost?
The program is $170 USD, but I have a promo code for $20 off. Please reach out to me if you want that discount code.
Seriously, Is this Program Just for Dudes?
I’m going to be honest here – it’s probably designed for men (from a look and feel standpoint), but women would get better results if they did more programs like this. Cardio queens will never sculpt their bodies on the treadmill. They HAVE to pick up weights if they want to lift, tone and burn.
What kind of Equipment will I need for The Work?
Required equipment – This workout requires weights, sliders and bands. If you’ve done Beachbody workouts in the past, like 21 Day Fix or 80 Day Obsession, then you may already have them. If you don’t, you can find where I sourced the best price on equipment here.
Optional Items – A pull up bar and a yoga mat. Honestly, I wouldn’t get the pull up bar unless you’re really strong. Most women don’t have the upper body strength to lift their own body weight, so if you’re new to strength training, you may not want to invest in this just yet.
What Kind of Results Can I expect?
Within the first 4 week of doing The Work, most people see:
- lose 5 – 7 pounds (this is a general guideline for those who do the workouts and follow the meal plans)
- a gain energy, confidence and strength
- a skill development for lifting weights effectively for a beautiful (non-bulky) shape
- a new habit of working out regularly and eating well.
Even More FAQ’s for the Work
- What if I’m already a BOD member? Then you may just need the digital upgrade to get started!
- How Long Are the Workouts? They range from 30 to 50 minutes, but most are around 45 minutes long.
- How often do you have to work out? The Work is a 6 day per week program, but some of those days are recovery days where you’re just stretching.
- What if you’re a newbie to working out or you have bad knees and can’t jump? Not to worry, there’s a modifier for every workout and I took full advantage of it! If you’re not into jumping, but still want to get a good workout in, you won’t be disappointed with this program.
- What equipment do you need for The Work? You can find all that right here. It’s not much.
- Can you do The Work in a gym? Sure can, it’s like having a personal trainer anywhere you go. Just download the workout to your phone or iPad and off you go!
- What if you try the workout and you hate it? Then return it! There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee (which I love), but I don’t think you’ll hate it.
- How much is it? $170 for the full bundle but I have a coupon code that will reduce the cost. Drop a comment below and I’ll send it over.
- Bonus! Anyone who signs up for the program through me and completes the first 4 weeks of the program gets access to my habit-hacking program for free!
If you have questions, let me know. Once you sign up, I’ll reach out with next steps.