Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Hey! Greetings from Santa Fe!
My husband and I are here for a few days as a pre-celebration for our 10th year anniversary. We thought about doing one big trip this year to Europe or Bora Bora, but our dogs are getting old and the idea of leaving them for 2 weeks or more didn’t feel right. So instead we’re taking 3 min-trips (they’re joining us for two of them). This one in Santa Fe, Tahoe in August and then 10 days in Palm Springs (that’s a trip we do every year and it’s a whole lot of fun).
Do you travel with your dogs? If not, do you feel guilty leaving them with a sitter? Our dogs are so attached to us that whenever we travel they have meltdowns and digestive issues. It’s just a big drama-fest even if we’re just gone a few days.
Anyhoo… I thought I’d share some of my health and beauty finds for the summer months. Most of them are pretty affordable and all of them are super useful for hot weather days.
Summer Beauty + Fitness Finds For Hot Weather Vacations
- Ardell Demi Wispies – love love love these!! Buy them in a 5-pack and they’re super affordable. I always get at least 3 to 5 wears out of each pair as well.
- Dermalogica Age Smart Tinted Primer – this is perfect as a primer, but honestly, in the summer months, I use it as my foundation. It’s so light but gives you just enough coverage that you feel like you’re wearing something. It’s also a great primer for blush and eye makeup.
- Scentbird – If you’re a fan of monthly subscriptions and you love perfume, you’re going to love Scentbird. You can get 30% off your first order with my discount code TFH30.
- Eue Thermale Avene 50 SPF Facial Sunscreen – I love this stuff as it blends immediately after putting it on your skin, it’s extremely hydrating and not irritating on the skin. Most sunscreens are not face-friendly for me, but this one is for sure.
- Fenty Beauty Lip Bomb in Fenty Glow – this stuff smells SO good and goes on like butter. It’s a little on the pricey side, but worth it.
- Revlon ColorStay Overtime in Everlasting Rum – the best drugstore find I’ve scored in a while. Under $10 and stays on all day, but you have to let the base dry before you put on the gloss or it’s a hot mess.
- In my facebook video (below), I also mentioned Lift4, the new HIIT program that’s launching next month. This one only requires 4 workouts a week which I freaking LOVE as it gives me a chance to do yoga, run or just chill on my off days. You can find out more about the workout and the science behind why HIIT is the most effective workout for burning fat right here.
Hope your summer is off to a good start! We head home tomorrow. It’s been great to get away, but I’m missing my own bed and my dogs of course 🙂
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.