Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Being the weather wimp that I am, I divert to warm, comfort food, massive wooly socks and layers sweats. It’s actually quite an eyesore so I’m hoping my husband loves me enough to overlook the site of me.
But I digress (to food of course). When I found this recipe inspiration on Pinterest, I thought immediately that it was worth a go, even though I’m not a fan of things that need a lot of stuff. I don’t typically like complicated recipes. I’m lazy that way.
But this was worth it! I added a few eggs for extra protein and switched up the cheeses a bit to accommodate what was in my fridge, but the results were still great.
This is another great dish for Sunday night. Leftovers get better as the week goes on. #yum.
Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower Casserole Recipe - Low Carb
- 1 small cauliflower head roughly chopped
- 1 - 2 cups celery choose depending on how much you like the flavor or eliminate altogether
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 c cream cheese
- 1/4 c ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chop the cauliflower & celery coarsely and then add to a microwaveable dish. Microwave (or sauté if you prefer) for about 10 mins.
- In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients. Don’t worry about mixing yet.
- Once the veggies are done, add them to the large bowl of the remaining mixture. The heat from the veggies will melt the cheese and allow everything to mix well
- Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.