Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away? If you’re “that person” with all the special food limitations, this loaf is for you. It’s freaking fantastic and I’m not even doing it justice with that description. It will make you lose your loafing mind it’s so good.
Maybe…it’s the best-tasting thing I’ve ever posted on this blog….maybe….
It’s also the ideal thing to make in advance of a holiday shindig and then just heat up before serving. It’s awesome to bring to someone’s house if you’re that “I don’t eat turkey” person.
- It’s #NSNG
- It’s paleo
- It’s vegetarian
- It’s ketotarian (yes, that’s now a thing)
- It’s packed with healthy fats and protein
- It’s easy to make
- It’s the best thing ever.
Happy Thanksgiving guys!!
Vegetarian Nut Loaf
- * 2 large onions finely chopped
- * 2 cloves of garlic minced
- * 1 ¼ cup chopped mushrooms any kind you like
- * 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- * 1 cup carrot finely chopped
- * 1 cup celery finely chopped
- * 4 eggs you can get away with 3, but 4 is best
- * ½ cup cashews
- * ¼ cup sundried tomatoes soaked in water
- * 1 can artichoke hearts
- * 1 cup almond flour
- * 1 tsp coconut aminos or Braggs amino acid
- * 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- * ½ tsp dried basil
- * ½ tsp dried oregano
- * salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 2 loaf tins or line with wax paper. Run the carrots, celery, cashews, sundried tomatoes, and onions through a food processor to get them finely chopped (or do it by hand).
- In a pan add onion, garlic, and oil or butter and sauté until translucent.
- Add the chopped mushrooms carrots, celery, cashews, and sundried tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes. Mix in the Worcestershire and coconut aminos to taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and add the almond flour and eggs and mix well then add mixture to baking pans.
- Bake at 350F for 40 mins or until brown on top. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing it.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.