Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Happy new year!!
How did your night go? I had the perfect night with my man at a great local restaurant. We ate fab food, toasted to the year ahead and I was still in bed by 10:30. I know…I’m an animal.
What about today? Are you setting goals? Making new years resolutions?
I haven’t quite finished my goals for the year but I’m so excited to share my accomplishments for the year that past. Even though this year felt a little unbalanced, in retrospect, I did a lot!!
My 2012 Recap:
- Rescued and rehomed 2 sick and starving little dogs (Boogie and Teddy)
- Competed in a fitness competition
- Transformed my physique
- Worked out consistently 5 to 6 days per week and ate clean 80% of the time
- Ended my corporate career and started a new small business venture
- Blogged consistently for 8 months
- Lived another year of being happily married
- Hosted an amazing birthday bash for my hubby
- Kept in touch with dear friends near and far and met many new friends
- Created 2 new paintings, 25 new recipes, hundreds of photographs and 2 new websites
- Learned how to use Photoshop
- Spent 2 glorious weeks in Italy (another one off the bucket list)
- Enjoyed a glass of wine with YoYo Ma after a private concert (ah-mazing)
- Read at least 10 books, listened to at least 15 more, attended 3 blog conferences, 10 agency meetings, 3 photography workshops and 1 very fun girls weekend away.
Check out my list below for some inspiring goal setting tools from some of my favorite peeps around the web. But before you go there, here’s a tip from my own experience:
When setting a goal to change a behavior, your best success will result from having:
- A strong emotional reason for change
- Role models and a supportive social community – online communities are really helpful
- A physical environment that works for you, rather than against you
- A plan and a timeline
Here are some other fantastic resources for setting your goals!! Good luck and have fun with it!