Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
It’s been so hot in LA this year that I’ve bee craving a ton of raw foods. Even breakfast, which is typically a warm start to the day for me (like eggs and paleo bread or my beloved ProCakes) is not appealing right now.
So lately I’m putting ice in my coffee and opting for either a morning smoothie or this raw vegan pudding concoction that is so good I can’t even describe it in words. OMG, it’s so yummy and a perfect grain-free alternative to oatmeal or store-bought cereals.
It does take a few minutes for the chia seeds to gelatinize, but it’s worth the wait, and it’s so versatile. Enjoy!
Grain-Free Paleo “Oatmeal” / Vegan Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sachets of stevia
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- fresh berries of choice
- Put the chia seeds, milk, stevia and vanilla extract in a bowl and let sit for at least 5 minutes to allow the seeds to gel. Then add protein powder and maybe a little more milk as necessary to reach the desired consistency.
- Add berries and coconut shavings as a garnish and serve.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.