Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Behold, I have bread.
It’s not any bread. It’s low carb, high taste, easy-peasy English muffin-like bread that also happens to be paleo and gluten free (and mother-freaking-awesome).
You see, I love bread, but it clearly doesn’t love me back, for one slice will live on in the form of a spare tire around my mid-section for eternity. No thank you Wonder Bread. I’ll take this stuff.
I recommend you toast for best results and opt for a nut butter without added sugar.
210 Calories // 6g Carbs // 5g Fat // 6g Protein
Low Carb English Muffin - Paleo, Gluten Free + FAST!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Nut butter almond or peanut work well
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Melt nut butter and coconut oil in a small flat bottomed bowl
- Mix in the egg combine.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pop in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Let the muffin cool, then scrap from the sides and remove from bowl.
- Cut in half and eat it as is, or toast it for a crunchy texture.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.