Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Need a quick morning grab-and-go option that’s Whole30 Compliant? Try this recipe for egg bites. I used egg whites to keep the calories down, but you can use whole eggs as well.
Egg Bites & Paleo Adventures
It’s day 7 of my Whole 30 Challenge, and things are going really well. I am not craving sweets near as much as I used to (I’d say I’m down to 30% of my prior give-me-chocolate-NOW-or-my-head-will-pop-off emotional scale). The lack of wine has been fine physically, but it makes going out for dinner about 400% less fun than it previously was. That said, now that I have to be freakishly diligent about what’s on my plate, going out for dinner hardly seems worth it at all.
But, I only have 3 more weeks to go before my birthday celebration at Gjelina where I’ll indulge in wine, sugar, dairy and PIZZA. That’s actually not how you’re supposed to end the challenge. You’re supposed to slowly reintroduce various food groups over the course of a few weeks, but like I said….it’s my birthday, so all bets are off, baby!
This past weekend I spent some time food prepping for this week ahead. Since I’m down to three meals a day with no snacking, the process has become remarkably easier! I find that if I have lots of options for breakfast and lunch, I’m golden. Dinner is something I enjoy cooking (preferably with a glass of wine in hand), so I’m good to wing that most nights.
Here’s what I prepped this week
- Potato wedges with Rosemary & olive oil – I used coconut oil instead of grapeseed
- Roasted Green beans – this time they were made with coconut oil, salt and pepper
- Mashed cauliflower – I used coconut oil and aminos and passed on the almond milk.
- Roasted Red Pepper soup – So good!!!
I also created a recipe for Egg Bites!
Very simple and quite delish with the exception of the odd full peppercorn left over from my pepper grinder explosion while making the mix. That sucked.
These are easy peasy to make and will keep for the week so you have something to reach for in the AM. Breakfast Egg Bites
- 1 cup eggs whites
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (or you can use raw red peppers)
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to 425
- Take the roasted peppers out of the jar, or grab a raw pepper and chop finely.
- Chop the spinach finely, too.
- Add the egg whites, feta and cottage cheese to blender and blend well.
- Line a muffin tin with small or regular-sized muffin tins with cupcake liners (this keeps things clean, but if you don’t have them, just coat your tin well with non-stick spray)
- Put the peppers and spinach at the bottom of each muffin tin. Try to balance them out evenly.
- Now pour the egg mixture on top of the veggie mixture.
- Carefully place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 25 mins or until eggs are set.
- Let cool for about 10 mins before eating.
Feel free to substitute the egg whites for whole eggs!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 lrg cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 88 Total Fat 3g Carbohydrates 2.5g Net Carbohydrates 2g Fiber .5g Protein 11g