Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
This recipe is for my vegan-eaters and plant-based enthusiasts. If you’re missing the chewy texture of meat, you might like this soup as an alternative.
I’m a warm weather girl, and my inner princess is expressing a strong need to head to Cabo for a few days of much-needed sunshine. Gone are the days of my espresso brown competition tan, for now, my skin is a fine shade mozzarella. So far my husband’s not buying my pleas of desperation, but I’ll wear him down.
I have my ways… moooaaa haa haa haa haa.
Meanwhile, just cuz I love ya, I’m passing along a little something that will warm the cockles of your heart (much like a stiff shot of brandy might do).
If you’re too lazy to cook, just stick with the brandy and send me some warm thoughts and some positive “get-your-ass-to-cabo” vibes.
BTW, this soup was made with those calorie free noodles, so it’s completely guilt-free and tasty as hell.
Yes, I’m open to taking thanks in the form of plane tickets…. preferably S to Cabo San Lucas.
PS…. um, does anyone actually know what a cockle is?
Want More Vegan Soup Ideas?
- Dairy-Free Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Vegan Creamy Tomato Soup With Tofu
- Roasted red pepper, carrot & ginger soup
Chickenless chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 container of Imagine No-Chicken Broth find it at Whole foods
- ½ package of Sweet Earth Seitan or your favorite brand
- 1 zucchini
- 3 carrots
- ½ onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari optional
- 1 package of Miracle No Calorie Noodles
- salt and pepper
- Chop veggies and cook onions, garlic and carrot in a few tablespoons of the veggie broth.
- Once translucent, add remaining veggies (except cilantro) and cook on medium heat for 15 mins, or until veggies are done (careful not to overcook!)
- Cut seitan into small bite-sized pieces and add to soup. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles and add to soup.
- If noodles are cold, heat the soup back up to the desired temperature, then remove from heat and add fresh chopped cilantro, lemon juice, tamari and salt, and pepper to taste.