Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
I had a little website drama to sweat and panic through this morning, but it ended up being a really good day for me. It was actually a great reminder of how much I adore blogging, and that having even a momentary detachment to the blogesphere is enough to push me over the edge.
- No sugar
- No grains
- No gluten
- No problem
These babies are made with avocado!! And before you say ewww gross, I will point out that they don’t taste like avocado… they taste like creamy, rich brownies, and they’re HEALTHY
Open your mind and your mouth people, cuz I have some guilt-free treats to nom on.
• 2.5 oz of 85% dark bakers chocolate (not just regular sweetened stuff)
• 1 T coconut oil
• 2 avocados
• 1 T shredded coconut (optional)
• ¼ c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
• 1 T vanilla or chocolate extract
• 1 T coconut flour (or almond, or whatever you have)
• 3 eggs
• ½ t baking powder
• ½ t sea salt
• 2 T to ¼ c Zylitol or equivalent in stevia, based on your desired level of sweetness. Add this slowly and incrementally, testing as you go so that you don’t over sweeten (like yours truly did)
1. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or using a double boiler.
2. Puree the avocados in a food processor. Do it really well or you’ll end up with chocolate guacamole cake, which I’m sure would taste as disgusting as it sounds.
3. Mix all the ingredients together (except the sweetener) and add back to the food processor just to make double sure that it’s well mixed.
4. Now start to slowly add your sweetener and sample as you go. Never mind the avocado-y flavor. That will bake out.
5. Grease an 8×8 pan and pour the batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins. Cool and serve.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.