Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
These low carb, protein English muffins have become the cornerstone of my daily breakfasts lately.
Because they’re low in carbs, but higher in fat and protein, one muffin, paired with some avocado or runny eggs will keep me full for 4 to 5 hours no problem! The key is to toast it. If you don’t, it stays a little too spongy (unless you don’t mind that kind of consistency). I do have a similar recipe for low carb English muffins, but this version is higher in protein (because of the whey) and lower in carbs and calories overall.
SO FREAKING GOOD.
60-Second Protein Microwave English Muffin - Paleo, Gluten-free, Low Carb, Keto & Delicious
- 1 Tbsp unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 Tbsp Almond or Cashew flour coconut would work (too
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites you can use 1 full egg (but it’s a little harder to blend.
- A shake of everything bagel seasoning or something similar,
- Pinch of salt
- Take a small mug or portion cup and spray it with non-stick spray.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients, and mix.
- Add ingredients to the sprayed mug (you can use the one mug if you want, but using two makes it a little cleaner).
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds
- Pop muffin out of mug and slice into 2 or 3 slices;
- Pop in the toaster oven or toaster.