Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
So, as you may or may not know….I’m far from perfect (shocker, I know).
I’d say that of all the recipes I work with for the blog, only a third of them work out. We try to eat even the epic failures. But when we can’t tolerate those, they end up as fertilizer for the garden.
In all seriousness, these muffins do taste pretty good, but in classic Caren style, I popped the first batch in the oven and then immediately started going about my day until almost an hour later when the billowing smoke kinda brought my grave error to my attention.
Yup, I burnt those suckers to a crisp.
But thankfully, they’re so easy to whip up so that second batch was ready to go and I had a chance to perfect the recipe a little more.
Pro-tip: Since these are mostly protein and non-starchy veggies, I love to top the muffins with a little avocado to add a healthy fat.
Egg White Protein Muffin Recipe
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 bunch of kale or spinach
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 cup egg whites
- nonstick spray
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 425
- GENEROUSLY spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray or use muffin liners
- combine veggies in a food processor and whirl it until veggies are finely chopped (but not mushy)
- add veggies to a big bowl with the egg whites and seasoning and stir well
- portion mixture into muffin tin
- cook for 25 mins or until golden brown
- Makes 12 muffins
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.