Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
These gluten free sweet potato egg muffins are the perfect weekly-day grab and go breakfast treat. They’re super simple to make with only a few required ingredients, but you can season them anyway you like!
I bet the Pioneer Woman wasn’t thinking clean carbs and lean protein when she made these little egg hash brown nests, but that’s exactly what they are. With a little tweak by your truly of course 🙂
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Egg Muffins – The perfect Grab-and-go breakfast
I love this recipe because it’s super simple and you can season it any way you like, or not at all! Want some ideas?
- Make it Indian-inspired – add two tablespoons of garam masala and 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- Make it Italian Inspired – Add a tablespoon of Italian spice mix and 1/2 a cup of pasta sauce and swap the cheddar for mozzarella.
- Make it All-American – Crumble some pre-cooked bacon on the eggs before you pop them back in the oven (see instructions below)
Or, you can leave them as-is with a simple salt and pepper mixture. They are tasty either way.
Want more gluten free grab-and-go recipes for breakfast? Try these:
Per Muffin: 134cals | 8.9g fat | 3.6g carbs | protein 9.8g | fiber .5g
- 6 eggs
- 12 (about 2 large) sweet potatoes, you can use white potatoes if you prefer
- 3 ounces Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onion, chopped (optional)
- Non-stick pray
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 400
- Peel and grate potatoes into a hash-like consistency.
- Spray a muffin tin well, then line 6 muffins holes with potato. Make little cups with the potatoe and make sure you pack it down well.
- Now pop the potatoe cups in the oven for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and then crack full or partial eggs into each of the hash cups. Then sprinkle with 1/2 an ounce of cheddar cheese.
- place back in the oven for another 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
- NOTE: you can make the hash cups the day before if you're planning to make these for a brunch, then just add the egg and cook through before finally serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 134
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, low carb recipes, quick home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.