Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Honestly, I didn’t think I could pull this dessert off and granted, it’s not exactly the souffle you’d order in a restaurant, but it’s pretty darn good!
I like this recipe because even though it’s a sweet treat, it’s not going to send your insulin into a raging spike and it’s not even going to move the dial too much calories-wise, either. In fact, the protein content is pretty high.
I admit, the recipe took a few tries to perfect. Baking is not my zone of genius, but when it works out, I’m a happy girl.
GIve it a whirl and let me know how it turns out for you!
Sorry about the crappy picture. I didn’t plan this one well and I was nervous that the souffle might tank if I waited to take the photos the next day, so this is what you get. I promise to make them again and reshoot better pictures!
Cheese Cake Souffle: Low Carb + Sugar Free
- 8 ounces full-fat Greek yogurt mine was 2%
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs yolks separated
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease the baking dishes you're using with spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix yogurt, egg yolks, flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy with a hand blender. Gradually add the xylitol and continue beating on medium-high speed until all sweetener has been incorporated and egg whites have reached soft peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Add the mixture to your baking dishes - about 3/4 full each.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until evenly risen and lightly browned around the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!