Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
These are fun. They take a little time to make due to the wrapping process, but generally, they’re super easy to prepare and they’re a great on-the-go snack or party appetizer.
I was inspired by a gal I work with who makes dumplings and freezes them to add into the soup. I’m assuming she steams them to keep them doughy, but I baked them (probably a touch too long) and they came out browned and crispy. But then, I’m a crispy kinda girl anyway.
What you’ll need:
- Wonton wrappers – I found mine in the tofu section of whole foods
- ½ head of broccoli
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or any other oil, I’m not picky)
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp of hot sauce (any kind will do)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup of extra firm tofu, well drained and finely chopped