Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
The single greatest hack I’ve found that keeps me consistent with my fitness is working out at home.
I don’t have a ton of space or a bunch of equipment and I tend to follow programs that lead me through a specific transformation. These are a list of my personal favorites. There are 100s more I still need to try, but these are the ones that have worked for me so far. Please note that some of these are affiliate links, most of them are Beachbody workouts, but I also have some free marathon schedules, you Youtube classes and other streaming online classes listed as well.
At-Home Weight Lifting Workouts
Some equipment is needed for these. Click here to find everything you need (for cheap).
- 21 Day Fix Extreme – hands down, best results I’ve ever gotten from a program.
- 21 Day Fix – much like the one above, only less intense.
- 80 Day Obsession – focused on core, glutes, and legs, this program is long, but if you want to transform your lower body, it’s the best program on the market.
- Bodybeast – great programming, but the instructor is not my jam. I just put him on mute and follow the moves 🙂
- P90X3 – love this program because it’s a bit of everything (including yoga) and all the workouts are 30 mins
Note** all of the above programs (and some of the ones below) are free when you buy Beachbody On Demand. It’s like the Netflix of workout programs and you can try it 30 days for free! You also get free coaching and support from me to help you start building healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
At Home Body Weight Workouts (little or no equipment needed)
- Piyo – I love this workout so freaking much. It’s a blend of yoga and pilates and very uplifting as well.
- Physique 57 – They have an online portal of barre workouts that you try out for free.
- Dylan Werner’s True Strength on Cody App is incredibly challenging, but extremely well done.
Online Yoga Classes I love
- Ali Kamenova on Youtube – She has an incredible teaching style that focused on strength. She also doesn’t overtalk in her teaching.
- Lizette Pompa Yoga on Youtube – She has a quiet style that I love when I just want a class that will make me chill.
- Fightmaster Yoga on Youtube – Leslie’s style is more intermediate to advanced and again, not an overly talky, which is ideal if you want to zone out!
- 3 Week Yoga Retreat – This is a progressive program that’s ideal for beginners. It’s included in Beachbody On Demand.
[bctt tweet=”The most effective at-home workouts for strength training, yoga and running #homeworkouts” username=”thefithabitog”]
Favorite 1/2 and Full Running Plans
- 1/2 marathon plan – Ideal for beginners and it focuses on 3 days a week (scroll to the bottom of the page for the plan).
- Full marathon plan – this one has been recommended to me as a great plan to follow if you’re training for your first marathon and you want to avoid injury!
Do you have a go-to online workout you would recommend? Let me know in the comments below so I can check it out.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.