Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Want a fast moving and motivational vinyasa flow that will leave you feeling open and inspired? Then Michelle Goldstein’s 47- minute motivational flow will not disappoint.
The standing sequence has a nice steady pace to it without too many advanced poses so you can really focus on breathing with every move. The class ends with just enough forward and back bending to feel fully open to receive the beautiful message she leaves you with…
Your work is to discover your work, and then with all of your heart, to give yourself to it. The Sanskrit name for this is your Dharma. This is your work.
She goes on to suggest cultivating healing practices that soothe, comfort and makes us feel our best so that we can continue to bring our precious work to the world. I love this idea and I’m sharing some of my favorite healing practices below.
[bctt tweet=”Your work is to discover your work, and then with all of your heart, to give yourself to it. The Sanskrit name for this is your Dharma. This is your work.” @travlinyogini” username=”@thefithabitOG “]
Healing Practices That Soothe & Comfort
- A solo yoga practice at home, with snoring pups nearby
- Kava Yogi Tea
- A long walk with my favorite uplifting podcasts
- Journal writing
- Reading an inspiring book that makes me want to declutter and let go like Soulful Simplicity or The Year of Less by Cait Flanders.
- A hot bath or shower
- A glass of J Lohr Cabernet
- Checking in with my favorite uplifting bloggers like Juli Bauer and Kimberly Wilson
- A deep, 8 to 10-hour sleep (these are probably the most healing of all).
If you get a chance to try this class, please drop me a comment and let me know what you think. It actually left me a little teary-eyed at the end as Michelle’s closing words had a profound impact on me. What do you do to soothe and comfort yourself so you can do your work in the world?
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.