If you're already starting to feel the fall coming on, then you're going to want to make a batch of this chickpea and kale stew. It's made with super simple, clean ingredients, and it's a breeze to make. Perfect for meal prep as it tastes better a few days after it's made.
Chickpeas & Kale - the smart carbs
Want more recipes like this chickpea + kale stew? Try these next:
This is a 21 day fix & 2B Mindset approved recipe. Yay!
Are you on the Ultimate Portion Fix Meal Plan? One serving of chickpea and kale stew is 1 yellow, 1 blue & 1 tsp.
Are you following 2B Mindset? This meal is the perfect lunch plate of high fiber carbs and veggies. Just add a protein and you're good to go!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 delicata squash, chopped (about 2 cups)
- one 15 ounce jar of canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of full-fat coconut milk, well stirred
- 2 sachets of stevia
- 2 cups of kale, chopped
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for a minute or two until translucent.
- Reduce heat, add the garlic and ginger.
- Cook for another minute or two. Add the chopped squash, chickpeas, the coconut milk, and stevia. Stir well and reduce heat for 35 mins. Add water if you want to adjust the consistency of stew.
- Add the kale and the cilantro to the pan and stir. Remove from stove and let sit for a few minutes.
- Serve the chickpeas over cauliflower rice and feel free to squeeze a little lime juice on it before serving if you're feeling fancy!
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 195Total Fat 9gCarbohydrates 20gNet Carbohydrates 16gFiber 4gProtein 5g
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and ADHD Coach. As the founder of The Fit Habit, she shares ADHD-friendly self-care, food & fitness inspiration, along with practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.