Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
I first heard about lemon ginger water with cayenne pepper from Yolanda on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills so you know it’s coming from a credible source :). But it was someone on social media who tipped me off on how to prepare it so it’s actually drinkable.
What does lemon ginger cayenne pepper water do?
Lemon water is considered to be a detox drink. I use that term loosely because the body is designed to detoxify itself through the digestion process, but this concoction can certainly help.
How it helps:
- Lemon juice provides an alkalizing effect on the body and it’s also good for the liver (which is your internal detox organ). Lemons are also full of vitamin C and potassium, so that can’t hurt. There’s also so some research that shows the polyphenols in lemons can promote weight loss (at least, in mice).
- Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, which increases your metabolic rate. It’s also known for raising the body temperature, regulates blood sugar, stimulates the circulatory system and aids digestion. Too bad it can’t fold laundry.
- Ginger is great for aiding digestion, reducing that farty, bloated feeling and helps combat flu and cold symptoms.
- Turmeric is my special add. It’s in there because it’s a natural anti-inflammatory.
How best to drink it
What to Try Next?
- Want more detoxifying elixirs? Try my Detox Veggie Soup. Not only is it great for reducing bloating and water retention, it’s also really yummy!
- Want a gentle at-home workout that will help you reduce fat and feel amazing? Try Piyo for free.Want to create healthier habits so you can become naturally lean? Check out my simple behavior-modification program that will help you build better habits so you can create a healthier, happier life.
Lemon Ginger Cayenne Pepper & Turmeric Water Recipe
- 5 cups water
- 2 lemons squeezed
- .5 tsp turmeric of
- .25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ounce Ginger Peeled and cubed
- .5 tsp stevia Optional
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, healthy recipes, home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.