When a sweet tooth strikes, these healthy, this Weight Watchers Cheese Cake won't disappoint. Made with only a few simple ingredients, they're easy to whip up and a joy to indulge in. Perfect for Weight Watchers, 21 Day Fix or simply a healthy guilt-free treat!
Honestly, I didn't think I could pull this dessert off and granted, it's not exactly the cheese cake you'd order in a restaurant, but it's pretty darn good!
I like this recipe because even though it's a sweet treat, it's not going to send your insulin into a raging spike. It won't even move the dial too much calories-wise. In fact, the fat and protein content is pretty high, making it a snack that will satisfy and keep you full.
Ingredients for this Weight Watchers Cheese Cake (and Substitutions)
This recipe is super simple to make. It's crustless (to keep the calories and carbs lower), and because it's sweetened with stevia, it's perfect for healthy eaters who want a sweet treat.
- Cream cheese - I use reduced fat cream cheese (not fat free as there are some artificial ingredients that don't agree with me). You can also use Neufchatel cheese, which is basically the same thing as cream cheese, only lower in fat.
- Stevia - If you've never tried baking with stevia before, read on to find out why I love this method. If you're not a fan of stevia, I also offer sweetener alternatives below.
- Eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice and salt.
Using Stevia in Your Weight Watchers & 21 Day Fix Desserts
I know, stevia is an acquired taste, but I encourage you to acquire it. Stevia doesn't spike insulin. It also doesn't have the same hunger stimulating impacts that fake-sweeteners do. Because of that, it's a free food on the weight watchers diet, and it's also considered an acceptable sweetener on the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan.
Why is stevia considered a healthy sugar alternative? Because it's a plant-based natural sweetener that's powerful in its ability to increase sweetness without impacting blood sugar much at all.
But it takes a minute to get used to the aftertaste. I get that.
If you really can't stand the taste of stevia, I recommend using a powdered erythritol. Erythritol (say that 10 times fast!) is a sugar alcohol (although it doesn't contain any booze, so not worries there). It's got a sweetening effect without raising blood sugar levels and it's actually beneficial for gut bacteria.
You could swap that out for the stevia, but you'd have to taste the raw dough to ensure you've got the right level of sweetness. It's not 1 for 1 with stevia.
Want more clean treat ideas that are fast and simple to make? Try these:
- Protein pumpkin muffins
- Individual Keto Cheese Cakes
- Low Carb Chocolate Coconut Bark
- Low Carb Pumpkin Pie (crustless)
How Many Points in this Weight Watchers Cheese Cake?
Each individual serving (just over 2 ounces each) is 6 SmartPoints.
Are you following the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan?
One serving of these individual cheese cakes is only .5 red container and 1 blue containers!
One serving of this low carb cheese cake = 147 calories, 11g fat, 4.8g carbs, 7.5g protein
- 8 ounces of reduced fat cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1/2 tablespoon, powdered stevia - you can add more if you like a sweeter flavor
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease individual bowls with a non-stick spray.
- Mix the cheese and the eggs together thoroughly. Add in the stevia, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into individual bowls.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup of frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries and/or blueberries) to add a twist to the cheese cakes.
If you don't have small bowls, try using a thick, oven-safe coffee mug, or small mason jars.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 servings Serving Size 2 ounce serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 11gCarbohydrates 4.8gSugar 3.5gProtein 7.5g
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and ADHD Coach. As the founder of The Fit Habit, she shares ADHD-friendly self-care, food & fitness inspiration, along with practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.