Low Carb Chicken Tortilla Soup - Great for colds
Low Carb Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Slow Cooker (or Instant Pot)
- For an Instant pot, the cook time is 25 minutes.
- For a Slow Cooker, 3 hours on high will do the trick.
What you’ll need for this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 chicken breasts
- Carrots, celery, onion & garlic
- A can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes (lime and cilantro flavor)
- A can of tomato paste
- Chicken stock
- Lime juice
- Cilantro as a garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A slow cooker!! (Thanks. Captain. Obvious.) Here's mine... it was cheap and I love it.
How to make the soup (it's super simple)
Step 1 - Prep the veggies!
Step 2 - Add the seasoning
Step 3 - add the rest!
Step 4 - Set your gadget to cook
- 25 minutes for the Instant Pot
- 3 hours for the slow cooker.
Wait - where's the tortillas?
Want more low carb & keto soup recipes? Obvi, right?
- Slow Cooker Chicken Masala
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Pumpkin Curry Soup
- Easy kale and chicken soup
- Keto cream of broccoli soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Shrimp Bisque (my all time favorite soup)
- Lentil Soup in the slow cooker or Instant Pot
This Recipe is 21 Day Fix Approved!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 small onion
- Minced garlic (or 2 - 3 cloves, smashed)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1, 10 ounce can Rotel Diced Tomatoes (lime and cilantro flavor)
- 1, 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Chop veggies and add to pot.
- Add seasoning (not salt and pepper- do that at the end).
- Add tomato paste, canned tomatoes and soup stock.
- Mix ingredients well, then add two full chicken breast.
- Cook in an instant pot for 30 mins, or a slow cooker for 3 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken breast with a fork. You can take it out of the soup pot to do this, or just leave it in there. Whatever is safer for you.
- Serve hot with a cilantro and/or chopped avocado garnish.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a picture of it and tag me on instagram. I love sharing what my readers make!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 3.1gCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gProtein 11.2g