What is Barre Blend?
Remember When Kelly Ripa got Ripped?
My thoughts on Barre Blend (from the perspective of a Certified Fitness Instructor)
The best parts about Barre Blend
- The workouts are shorter than most barre workouts (only 30 - 40 minutes vs 50 to 60 minutes in most studios).
- At $160 USD for the WHOLE YEAR (including a month worth of supplements too), it’s way cheaper than a studio workout that’s typically $25 - $28 per class.
- It covers the whole body - core, legs, arms and cardio. Nothing is left out.
- It’s super positive and uplifting. The instructor uses a lot of affirmations throughout the classes, which I thought I’d find too cheesy, but for the most part, they really helped me feel more connected to what I was doing in the moment.
- I never felt exhausted. Even though there were challenging parts of each workout, I never felt beat up afterward as I might with a run.
The parts I didn’t love
- I’ll be honest - in the last week, I was done with the affirmations. As the workouts became more intense, I really needed less talking so I could focus on getting through the harder moves.
- There wasn’t enough cardio for me. I know, I said too much cardio is bad, but SOME cardio is important (for me, anyway). I would have loved the cardio classes to be more heart-pumping and less strength focused. I will continue to incorporate barre workouts into my daily routine, but I'll likely mix it up with HIIT workouts and running.
- It’s only 8 weeks. Honestly, I hope Beachbody expands their barre programs as I really do love them!
My Barre Blend Results after 8 Weeks
Who I think will Love Barre Blend
- I think anyone with a basic level of fitness, even just a little will love Barre Blend.
- It’s also perfect for runners who want to incorporate some strength training so they don’t get hurt.
- Yogi’s would also love this because it’s not that different from yoga, but provides more strength training (and better physical results).
- Anyone who travels a lot and doesn’t always have access to a gym. It’s the perfect mobile workout because it doesn’t really call for much in terms of equipment. You can use light weights if you want, but you don’t need it.
- Anyone suffering an injury who still wants to move, but has to be super careful. You may have to modify slightly, but the workouts will help you support a stronger body without risk of further injury.
Who I think would not love Barre Blend?
- Crossfit folks who love to lift heavy things.
- Bodybuilders with a goal to build big muscles.
- Men. It’s a very feminine workout that might make the average guy feel a little awkward.
Barre Blend was the Best exersize I could find for my Frozen Shoulder
The Last Word on Barre Blend
Is Barre Blend Worth it?
How to get it?
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and ADHD Coach. As the founder of The Fit Habit, she shares ADHD-friendly self-care, food & fitness inspiration, along with practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.