This English Muffin Recipe has less than 6 net carbs per serving and tastes better than store-bought muffins. If you're following a keto, low carb diet, or a 21 Day Fix Meal plan, you'll find this fits right in.
A Life Without Bread?
Since going low carb many years ago, I can't say there are many things I miss about bread and baked goods. The process of fat-adaption really helps with reducing cravings and hunger, so I rarely crave things like cookies, muffins or cake.
But breakfasts are different. I miss toast.
Given that this recipe is higher in fat, one muffin, paired with some avocado or runny eggs will keep me full for 4 to 5 hours no problem! But here's the thing - once you've made it in the microwave, it's best to toast it.
Here’s what you need
This might call for a quick amazon shop for almond flour, psyllium husk, and baking powder, but trust me, it’s 100% worth it. You can skip the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning if you want, but it really does add a great flavor (I get mine at Trader Joes).
How to Make Keto English Muffins in the Microwave!
First, melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave (just 10 seconds should do it).
Now add all the dry ingredients.
Now add the egg and give it a stir.
Now put it in the microwave for 60 seconds. It will come out looking like this.
Now let it cool, then gently take it out of the bowl and cut it in half.
VERY IMPORTANT STEP - toast it. This is key.
Now make it all fancy and devour.
Want something super delicious and low carb to put on that English muffin?
Try my superfood nut butter, keto macadamia nut butter or perhaps some sugar-free raspberry compote (a fancy term for jam). Alternatively, you can just whip it up with a couple of eggs and garnish with fresh tomato and lettuce. So GOOD!
Want more Keto Bread-y goodness?
- Paleo Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- Low Carb Cranberry Muffins
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Low Carb, Healthy Zucchini Bread (<-my FAVORITE!)
Are you following the 21 Day Fix Meal plan or The Ultimate Portion Fix?
- This recipe is .5 blue (healthy fat), 1/2 red container (protein) and 1 tsp.
If you make a recipe from this collection, share a photo on Instagram and tag me! I'd be happy to share it 🙂
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- A sprinkle of Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- Melt coconut oil in a small flat bottomed bowl in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Pop in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Let the muffin cool, then scrap from the sides and remove from bowl.
- Cut in half (length-wise) and toast it for a crunchy texture.
- This recipe is .5 blue (healthy fat), 1/2 red container and 1 tsp.
Don't have Everything But the Bagel?
- You can skip it, or add poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
If you make a recipe from this collection, share a photo on Instagram I'd be happy to share it 🙂
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 185Total Fat 11.5gCarbohydrates 12.8gNet Carbohydrates 5.5gFiber 6.5gProtein 7.8g
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, low carb recipes, quick home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.