When I say 'play', I mean - make chocolate.
I then saw fit to eat said chocolate for dinner, with wine.
Why you'll love this recipe
You will love this recipe because it’s a guilt-free go-to alternative for your chocolate cravings. Hear me now - there is no health-related benefit to giving up chocolate if you love it because the really good stuff actually has a ton of beneficial qualities.
I’m talking antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and most certainly anti-fat gain. This recipe will not let you down and it won’t steer you down a path of sugar madness.
Keep it in the freezer and it will last for at least a few weeks. Just defrost one or two when you’re feeling a craving come on. Give the chocolate a little time to warm up to room temperature (or not) and enjoy.
It's all upside.
What's in this raw vegan chocolate coconut cup recipe?
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- raw cacao
- coconut oil
- stevia, xylitol, or your preferred non-sugar sweetener (I personally love stevia with this recipe)
- Pinch of sea salt
Love Healthy Chocolate Treats? Try these, next:
- 1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 c raw cacao
- 1/4 coconut oil
- xylitol, stevia or raw honey to taste
- Pinch of sea salt
- Put a pot on the stove 1/4 of the way filled with water. Put it on a low simmer. Find a metal or glass bowl to put over the pot, so that it acts like a double boiler. Or just use a double boiler if you have one (duh).
- Put coconut oil in the bowl and let it melt on the simmered heat from the water.
- Add the raw cacao and stir up all that chocolate goodness.
- Add sweetener to taste (little bits at a time, not all at once).
- Add coconut and salt to taste.
- Grease a pan. it can be a muffin tin, chocolate mold, whatever you like, just coat it well, then pour in the chocolate (or whatever is left from your taste-a-thon).
- Stick pan in the freezer for about 30 mins until chocolate firms up, then go to town.
- Send me loving notes of thanks.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, low carb recipes, quick home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.