If you're following the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan or the nutrition only program (The Ultimate Fix), then you're familiar with the container system. But what do you do if you don't have your containers handy? Don't worry - I've got you covered 🙂
The Containers are relevant for All Beachbody Programs
Before I go on, I should clarify that this isn't just for the 21 Day Fix program. The container system applies to all of Beachbody's meal plans, but the 21 Day Fix was the inspiration behind the program. So if you're following any of the meal plans that are included with Beachbody on Demand but you don't have the containers handy, not to worry, they equate to simple measurements.
Here's how the 21 Day fix containers breakdowns:
- Green Container (veggies) = 1 cup
- Purple Container (fruit) = 1 cup
- Red Container (protein) = 3/4 cup
- Yellow Container (carbs) = 1/2 cup
- Blue Container (healthy fats) = 1/3 cup
- Orange Container (dressings and seeds) = 2 Tablespoons
So simple, right?
Now, if you're seeing this system for the first time, please note that you get more than one serving of each container. This was just a quick translation so you can replicate the plan with your own measuring cups. However, if you want the containers for visual support, you can also grab them from Amazon very inexpensively.
What is the Ultimate Fix?
It's a nutrition only program (no workouts) that spun out from the very popular 21 Day Fix workout program and meal plan. It's a monthly, ongoing program that will help keep you on track, and accountable to your goals. Here's a quick video that explains it better than I can 🙂
How the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan Can Change Your Life
We all know that eating healthy is important. The problem, is that most of us struggle with actually doing it. Following a meal plan - whether it's a portion control system like the Ultimate Portion Fix (a nutrition only plan with no workouts), or simply counting macros, can change your body, transform your self-confidence and help you build a better relationship with food.
Once you know how much food your body really needs and what kind of choices work best for you, you will NEVER have to diet again.
While I do still track my food from time to time, I have not been on a diet since learning how to fuel myself. As a result, I have been the same weight since losing over 80 lbs 25 years ago. I'm almost 50 now and I have never had a problem with weight gain since losing it the first time.
Need Proof? Here's my Story
As someone who once weighed over 200lbs, I know what it feels like to be in a body that you're not proud of. I know the pain of feeling less-than (or even worse, when someone else makes you feel less-than). That stage of my life wasn't great. I felt ashamed, depressed, even invisible at times.
Beachbody wasn't around when I finally decided it was time to change, but I wish it was. I started my journey with small changes like going for walk/runs and just making better food choices. Over the course of 8 months, I transformed.
It wasn't easy and I didn't always get the support I needed. Believe it or not, some people actually felt resentful about my transformation. But you know what? It was hands down, the best thing I ever did for myself.
How losing weight changed my life:
- My body transformation turned into a dating transformation because I stopped accepting whatever male attention I could find.
- My body transformation turned into a career transformation by having the confidence to go back to school, get an undergrad, then a master's degree.
- My body transformation turned into a life transformation when I was offered a great job in California and moved here during a freezing, gray Toronto winter.
- My body transformation turned into a love transformation when I met a fit, active, successful guy who I felt confident I deserved and ended up marrying him (still going strong 10 years later)
- My body transformation turned into a spiritual transformation where I now feel so blessed to be where I am that I want to help others see a path for themselves, too.
This is me at 19 years old.
This is me at 45 years old.
21 Day Fix and Beachbody on Demand can change your life
Beachbody isn't the only solution out there, but it works great for people who don't have the time or desire to go to a gym. There are so many workouts on the app that there's literally something for everyone, regardless of how advanced or beginner you are.
If you want to try it (free for 30 days) fitness platform, you can sign up right here. But if you really want to make sure change happens, then consider signing up to do a program with me as your virtual coach and support. With the purchase of a challenge pack (Beachbody on Demand + Nutritional Support), you get my personal support and encouragement as well.
With accountability, structure and support, there's no telling what you're capable of. Are you ready to find out?
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, low carb recipes, quick home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.