Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Okay, the honest truth here… it’s less than 16 weeks out from my next fitness competition and if I don’t get something bread-like I think I’m going to crack. But I needed to be mindful of not playing the “aw, what the hell” card too much.
Not that I’m eating poorly (quite the contrary), but I do eat a LOT of food, and even clean calories can add up. So given that your average slice of banana bread has a deadly load of sugar and butter, I did a little ninja maneuver on an otherwise chub-inducing recipe.
Based on my handy dandy My Fitness Pal recipe calculator, each generous slice of bread has the following macros:
- Calories 120
- Carbs 18
- Fat 3
- Protein 7
Paleo Banana Bread
- 1 c egg whites you could use whole eggs, too
- 2 T Oats “T”= Tablespoon
- 1 T Coconut flour or any flour
- 1/3 c PB2
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ t vanilla extract little “t” = teaspoon
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- .5 t sea salt
- 1 T coconut oil you could use nut butter here instead if you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a baking pan (I actually used a casserole dish as I don’t own a bread pan)
- Add the bananas and egg whites to a bowl and whisk together with a hand blender
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Add to greased pan
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until golden on top.