Buffalo cauliflower “wings” are super easy to make in the air fryer, ready in less than 15 minutes and a much healthier option than traditional wings! Whether you've recently invested in an air fryer, or you're a seasoned pro, you're going to love this family favorite because it's the perfect vegetable side dish that everyone will want to eat.
Why you’ll love it
This is the perfect side dish that’s ready in 15 minutes. The prep is super simple, and if you purchase pre-cut cauliflower florets instead of a head of cauliflower, there’s basically no prep to speak of (<- my kinda cookin!).
Here’s a quick video to show you how easily it comes together:
Stand out ingredients
Wing sauce! I used a pre-made sugar-free healthy wing sauce, but you can also make your own!
How to Make a Quick Healthy Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup tbsp Franks hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- pinch of salt
What you’ll need for this recipe
- A head of cauliflower or a bag of pre-cut florets
- Wing sauce - see recipe above or use your favorite store brand. You can also make this recipe with BBQ sauce!
- An air fryer (I LOVE my PowerXL Vortex Air Fryer from Target)
How to make it
If you’re working with a head of cauliflower, break it up into bite-sized pieces and wash thoroughly.
Put the cauliflower into a large bowl and add the wing-sauce.
Mix well, then add the cauliflower to the air fryer.
Cook on high (400) for 12 minutes. If not done, cook for a few more minutes at a time until done.
Can it be frozen?
Oh gawd no, but it can be reheated in the microwave!
ProTip: How not to burn it
The downside of air fryers is that you can’t watch it cook. If you want to check progress before 12 minutes, feel free!
What else should you try in the air fryer?
Chicken wings! If you’re cooking wings in the air fryer, cook for 12 minutes at 360 degrees then flip and cook for another 12 minutes. At that point, you can add a little more sauce and cook for 5 more minutes just to crisp it up.
I also recommend making carrot fries in the air fryer. They're super easy to make and they're as close as you'll get to sweet potato fries without actually eating potatoes 🙂
Want more easy, low carb cauliflower recipes?
- Keto Cauliflower casserole
- Cauliflower and asparagus soup
- Keto Cauliflower Tacos
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites
Want more air fryer recipes? Try these:
Are we connected yet?
Let’s connect on instagram! If you try this recipe, tag me!! I’d love to share.
- 1 head of cauliflower (or a bag of pre-cut cauliflower florets)
- 1/2 cup wing sauce
- If you’re working with a head of cauliflower, break it up into bite-sized pieces and wash thoroughly
- Put the cauliflower into a large bowl and add the wing-sauce.
- Mix well, then add the cauliflower to the air fryer.
- Cook on high (400) for 12 minutes. If not done, cook for a few more minutes at a time until done.
- ProTip: Every air fryer is a little different in terms of cook time. Check your wings regularly so they don't burn.
- If you like your cauliflower wings extra saucy, pull them out at about 10 to 12 minutes of cook time, add more sauce (about 2 tablespoons). Make sure they're mixed well, then return to air fryer for an additional 5 minutes.
Following the Ultimate Fix Plan?
- One serving = 1 green & 1 orange container
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1/2 pound raw
Amount Per Serving Calories 117Total Fat 2.6gCarbohydrates 15.3gFiber 4.5gSugar 4.3gProtein 4.4g
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and ADHD Coach. As the founder of The Fit Habit, she shares ADHD-friendly self-care, food & fitness inspiration, along with practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.