This Healthy Pumpkin Bread is gluten-free, dairy-free and is made with no sugars or grains (#NSNG). It's quick, simple and best paired with hot coffee and the company of a good friend. Are you following the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan? I've got a breakdown for that, too.
Are we ready for all things pumpkin yet?
I love this loaf because it's super simple to make. I am by no means a baker, so if the recipe doesn't call for all the ingredients being dumped in a bowl and mixed together quickly, I'm out. If that sounds like your preferred level of complexity, then we're on the same page, friend.
I made this loaf for my mastermind group. Actually, I made a whole bunch of goodies to bring with me, but this was the special treat. The pumpkin loaf does have a few pantry ingredients, but no sugars, no grains and they have TONS of healthy, natural fats and protein.
It's my new favorite thing.
What you'll need to make Paleo Pumpkin Bread (and suggested substitutions)
- Canned pumpkin puree (not the pie filling! Check the label).
- coconut flour
- 6 eggs (you can swap out 2 eggs for 1/4 a cup of egg whites)
- ¼ c of arrowroot or gluten-free free baking flour
- a banana
- coconut oil
- xylitol or your choice of sugar-free baking sweetener (Swerve is another great choice)
- Pumpkin pie seasoning
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Crushed nuts (walnuts or pecans are optimal), but use what you have or don't use any at all.
Protip: Using a mixer or a hand blender goes a long way to ensuring your ingredients are well mixed. If you don't have either, just go at your batter with a whisk or a fork and a lot of elbow grease.
Is Xylitol Healthy?
You can go down the Google rabbit hole on this one very easily, but I'll save you the time and frustration. If you are looking to use a sweetener that's natural (made from tree bark), and not insulin spiking, then I think xylitol is your best option.
If it doesn't work for you, or you don't have it on hand, just use coconut sugar, but please note that it will alter the nutritional values below.
Want More Clean Pumpkin Treats? Of Course You do!
Healthy Pumpkin Bread Nutrition Facts
Macros based on 1/8 slice: 216 cals, Fat 13.5g, Carbs 18.8g, Fiber 5.6g, Protein 6.7g
Are you on the 21 Day Fix or Ultimate Portion Fix Meal Plan?
One and a half slices of this bread (based on 8 slices) is equivalent to:
- 1/2 Red
- 1/2 purple
- 1/4 yellow
- 1/2 blue
Are you following a Weight Watchers Plan?
One slice of this awesome pumpkin bread is 9 SmartPoints.
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (not the pie filling! Check the label.
- ½ c coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup of arrowroot or gluten-free free baking flour if you have, this will lighten it up a bit. You can also use regular flour
- 1 banana mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup xylitol or use stevia instead, this is optional, I like my bread sweeter
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup crushed nuts, I used pecans, but feel free to use what you have
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease and line a bread tin
- Mash banana in a large bowl, then add the remaining ingredients. I used a hand mixer to get everything really well mixed, but use what you have
- Pop into the oven and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden and the sides start to recede from the pan.
- Let cool and serve
The nutritional value for this pumpkin bread does not include the optional chopped nuts.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 8 slices
Amount Per Serving Calories 216Total Fat 13.5gCarbohydrates 18.8gNet Carbohydrates 13.8gFiber 5gProtein 6.7g