Today I'm reviewing Beachbody's 3 week yoga retreat: a program that you can do entirely from the comfort of your living room at a fraction of the cost of a regular yoga studio.
You guys, if you've followed me for any amount of time, you know that yoga has changed my life. It's not for everyone, but many people say that this practice helps them truly come into their own because it slows the mind and creates space for happier thoughts.
If you've never done yoga, but you're curious, I want you to explore this. It could just be the catalyst you've been waiting for.
3 week Yoga Retreat Review
If you've ever been curious about yoga, but you're too intimidated by the poses, you are not alone. When I first got into yoga, I did a class where half the people were super advanced and did all kinds of crazy poses.
At first I was intimidated, but I reminded myself - I'm just starting on this journey, but one day, I'd like to be that flexible.
Are you too inflexible for yoga?
I hear this a lot, but trust me when I say, most people start yoga because they are stiff as a board. You're never too inflexible to start - but you do need to find the right class and instructor.
Fortunately, the Beachbody's 3-Week Yoga Retreat on Beachbody On Demand is the perfect solution if you are a beginner.
Perfect for Beginners (or rusty practitioners)
Beachbody on demand has a ton of individual yoga classes, but the 3-Week Yoga Retreat is a sequential program that gradually takes you from beginner to proficient in 3 weeks.
It's perfect if you’re new to the yoga mat. As a mostly beginner yoga program, it will guide you through three weeks of basic yoga classes and help you feel less stressed, improve your flexibility, and increase your balance. The program doesn’t require any equipment (though a yoga mat, yoga block, and a strap are all helpful), and there are modifiers for each of the moves to help ease you in.
Beachbody's 3 Week Yoga Retreat is Progressive - It starts off basic and gets more challenging as you go
You guys, the idea of a progressive yoga program that takes you from beginner to pro in three weeks is pretty much unheard of in the yoga world. Most classes are considered stand alone, and you join them based on your own skill level.
This is a progressive program that starts at the beginning and coaches you along a path to improvement. That's so awesome as you can't possibly be left behind (as I often still feel in a yoga class after years of practice).
The 3-Week Yoga Retreat on Beachbody on Demand makes the moves easy to understand and was designed so you can easily follow along. Beachbody did an extensive search to find four trainers that you’ll not only love but who are also masters of the practice. This trusted team of four will guide you through each session with cueing so precise you could do the program blindfolded (not that we’d recommend that).
After completing one 30-minute or shorter class a day, you’ll have a deeper understanding of yoga by the end of 21 days. You’ll also have the confidence to hold your own in any yoga class!
Sign up for the 3 Week Yoga Retreat on Beachbody On Demand
Week 1 - Online Beachbody Yoga Retreat
Each week builds upon the prior one, and the 21-day program kicks off with Week 1 led by Vytas Baskauskas, an LA based yoga teacher for over 15 years. This first week is about the fundamentals of yoga, so he will walk you through the poses, and what they can do for your health and fitness.
Week 2 - Online Yoga Retreat
In Week 2 of the 3 Week Yoga Retreat, you'll work with Elise Joan, barre and yoga instructor and creator of Barre Blend - another Beachbody program.
She is so inspiring in her teaching and will help you to expand your knowledge of the poses and how to do them correctly.
Week 3 of the Beachbody Yoga Retreat
For the final week, Ted McDonald will improve their flexibility, strength, and focus. Ted has been Tony Horton's (creator of P90x) yoga teacher for years. He does retreats all over the world and he's a world-class teacher. He will help guide you from beginner to proficient in a variety of different types of yoga.
You're not going to become an expert yogi in 3 weeks, but you will finish this program feeling more confident about what you're doing, why you're doing it, and your favorite style of yoga. You're also going to feel stronger, more flexible and way more chill.
The Classes in 3 Week Yoga Retreat
- Mondays are Core. The foundation of yoga starts in your core. This class focuses on exercises that engage, activate, and build awareness of these very important muscles.
- Tuesdays are Stretch. This class is aimed at helping you stretch, extend, and lengthen all the muscles in your body with a variety of poses.
- Wednesdays are Balance. Challenge yourself with a series of different postures that engage the core and help you develop better balance inside and out.
- Thursdays are Flow. In this class, you’ll put together everything you’ve learned so far and connect it with your breathing in a nonstop “flowing” format. This is Vinyasa Flow, Beachbody-style.
- Fridays are Flow to Go, a shorter, more advanced version of Thursday’s class that features a little less cueing.
- Saturdays are Relax. Faith helps you unwind from your week with this relaxing class.
- Sundays are Take 10. These are short, 10-minute classes that will help you wake up, wind down, or work those abs. Pick one or do all three.
Ready to get started?
This program is free for Beachbody On Demand (aka, BOD) members! If you're not familiar with BOD, think of it as Netflix for fitness. There are literally hundreds of workouts, from yoga and weight lifting to Hip hop and line dancing.
If you're looking to spice up your current workouts, or want to just get your butt off the couch - sign up for Beachbody On Demand today.
The cost workouts out to $2.99 a week - less than the cost of a Grande Latte at Starbucks.
- Is Beachbody on Demand worth it?
- A review of Beachbody on Demand from a certified personal trainer
- Can you lose weight just doing yoga?
- Can yoga actually burn belly fat? Fact vs Fiction
- Barre Blend Sample Workout
- Piyo Results - My experience as a Piyo instructor + customer!
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, low carb recipes, quick home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.