Are you an 80 Day Obsession fan? If so, have you tried A Little More Obsessed? I just did, and I’m officially now…. Obsessed.
What is A Little More Obsessed?
When Beachbody released 80 Day Obsession, it was immediately a HUGE hit. Autumn Calabrese, the creator of the program always creates amazing strength training workouts that are fast, effective and fun!
So once the program had been out for a while, her followers started asking for more. Hence, the launch of A Little More Obsessed.
It’s an advanced, 6-workout mini program, designed to provide the best of strength, cardio and core training.
What you’ll love about A Little More Obsessed
The choreography of this program is next level. I don’t mean that it’s more complicated, just more fun and interesting. Let’s face it, straightforward moves like bicep curls and overhead press get old real fast.
The combination moves that Autumn provides in this program are interesting. Just hard enough that you have to focus on what you’re doing, but not too hard that they’re impossible to do.
A Little More Obsessed is a weight training program that also provides cardio and core classes. Overall, there are 6 different workouts in this mini program. Here’s what you’ll need for all of them:
- 3 sets of Dumbbells - a light, medium and heavy (I recommend a set of 10s, 15s and 20s)
- Exercise bands
- Sliders (I use furniture movers)
That might seem like a lot to purchase, but you can start with fewer weights to start out and the sliders and bands are cheap. Think about it this way, it's a lot less expensive than buying a treadmill or bike and you'll get a much better workout!
A Little Obsessed Workout Break Down
Each of the 6 classes are around 42 to 45 minutes. If you don’t have time to do it all, you can always do as much as you can, then just turn it off and get on with your day. That’s what I do because even a little workout is better than no workout.
- Day 1 - Total Body Core: a 44 minute strength training session that hits all major muscle groups.
- Day 2 - Legs: A 42-minute lower body workout that will sculpt your legs and glutes
- Day 3 - Cardio Core: A 41-minute core workout that also burns fat while getting your heart pumping
- Day 4 - AAA: A 45-minute strength workout that will tone your Arms, Abs and A$$
- Day 5 - Booty: A 45-minute workout devoted to lifting and toning your glutes
- Day 6 - Cardio Flow: A heart-pumping cardio class with a fun routine that flows.
A Little More Obsessed Workout Calendar
Want a little tip that will keep you consistent with your workouts? Print out the Little More Obsessed workout calendar and put it on your fridge or someone you’ll see it daily. Then put a big X across every day that you workout. Make a bet with yourself not to break the chain of X’s.
You’ll find that you want to keep that momentum going, because having a big old gap in your calendar will be a big visual reminder that you let yourself down. No one wants that!
So if you’re going to commit to this program, commit to it fully, show up every day and mark off that calendar like a boss.
Workout Tracker Sheet
I love that A Little More Obsessed comes with a tracker sheet. This will help you mark your progress on weights (the stronger you get, the more weight you can lift). It also serves as a reminder of all the great moves you’ve learned!
What about the Meal Plan?
The great thing about A Little More Obsessed, is that it's an extension of 80 Day Obsession, so the meal plans are the same. You can check out Meal Plan A for 80 Day Obsession here. Check out more about the meal plan (which is also known as the 21 Day Fix Plan) right here.
How much does A Little More Obsessed cost?
Who is this program for?
It’s intended to be an advanced program, so not ideal if you’re just starting out. There is starter program called A Little Obsessed (see video below) that’s intended to be a beginner/intro program for getting started. Once you complete that, you can move on to 80 Day Obsession, then move into this program.
Want to see what else is on Beachbody on Demand?
There are over 1500 workouts on the platform, but here’s a few of my favorites”
- 21 Day Fix Extreme (strength training, cardio and yoga)
- 3 Week Yoga Retreat (awesome if you want to start a yoga practice!)
- Transform 20 - a 20 minute a day HIIT program with a step (it’s so fun)
- MBF - Stands for ‘Muscle Burns Fat’ and this program will do just that
- 30-Day Breakaway - this is a strength and running program, designed to get you running a 5K in 30 days without injury.
Want to try Beachbody on Demand?
You can get a 14 Day Trail for free! As I always say, you have nothing to lose but a few pounds of body fat 🙂