Beachbody's Focus T25 is a comprehensive at home workout, exclusive to the Beachbody on Demand platform. It’s focused on high intensity training HIIT for maximum fat burning in 25 minutes a day (hence the name, T25). Here’s my thoughts on the program.
Short, fast and intense
This is probably one of the reasons that I continue to go back to Focus T25 program on the Beachbody on Demand platform. I LOVE getting my workout in FAST so I can get on with my day. Contrary to what you might think, I don’t LOVE working out. I LOVE having just finished a workout and the way it makes me feel. The moving around part, not so much.
So if you’re someone who can talk themselves into showing up to your workout every day based on the idea that you can do anything for 25 mins, no matter how badly you don’t feel like moving, then this workout is for you.
No really, who is T25 for?
Okay, beyond being a great pick for people who don’t want to spend hours at the gym, this is specifically designed for intermediate to advanced exercisers. If you’re a beginner, you can certainly try it out, but you may be discouraged by the speed of the moves or the constant bouncing around.
Is it harder than Insanity?
Oh heck no! For those of you who don’t know Insanity Max 30 (or it’s original longer version), it’s 30 minutes of intensity that’s far more demanding than T25. They are similar in that they’re both based on HIIT movements and the instructor is the same (Shawn T), but T25 is easier.
Is T25 idea for building muscle or losing weight?
There is a strength element to this program (which I’ll get into in a second), but it’s primarily a cardio workout. With that, I would call it a weight loss focused workout, but because it’s short and intense, it will compliment a strength building program quite nicely.
The program is split into 3 different levels - Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, designed to increase intensity as you move through out.
- Alpha kicks off with some base workouts to get you started with the program, including Cardio, Speed, Total Body Circuit, Ab Intervals, Lower Focus and Stretch.
- Beta gets a little more intense, focusing more on core and cardio, but also building speed and agility. Workouts include Core Cardio, Speed 2.0, Rip’t, Dynamic Core, Upper Focus, Stretch and Core Speed.
- Gamma is part of the deluxe workout package, but it’s included in the Beachbody on Demand membership, so there is no additional cost for accessing it. It’s just an optional add on if you want to keep going with the program. And yes, it’s harder.
Workouts in the Gamma phase include Extreme Circuit (a weight lifting session), Rip’t Up and Speed 3.0. It’s designed to help you achieve a sculpted look.
Fun Factor and things you need to know
I give this workout a 5/ 5 on the fun factor because the choreography is so good. Sometimes I get lost (because I have zero rhythm), but who cares? I’m working out in my basement, so I can look as goofy as I want.
An important thing to know is that it’s a lot of bouncing! If you’ve had a baby, this might not be your cup of tea.
There’s a cool down session after the workout that’s an additional 3 to 5 minutes, so really, if you chose to do the whole thing, it’s actually a 30 minute workout, not 25.
Equipment needed for Focus T25
Just a set of light/medium weights or resistance bands.
What else do you get when you buy Focus T25?
You get access to ALL Beachbody regular and deluxe programs for a whole year, so if for any reason, you don’t love T25 (I think you will), then you can just stop it and try a different workout program. The platform has everything from yoga and hip hop dance to weight training and barre.
Want to try T25?
If you want the best price on this program, I recommend buying the annual subscription challenge pack, especially with the pre-and post workout supplements. It will really help your energy levels during your workout and reduce achey muscles afterward.
Ready to get started? Click here to snag your access.
Want more Beachbody on Demand Workout Recommendations?
- What's the best Beachbody on Demand Workout for Weight Loss
- What's the best Beginner Beachbody on Demand Workout?
- What's the best Beachbody on Demand Workout for Women?
- 21 Day Fix Workout Review
- 80 Day Obsession Workout Review
- A Little MORE Obsessed
- 9-Week Control Freak
- Barre Blend - Oh, I love this one!
- Let's Get Up! - If you're a ShawnT fan, try this workout next
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and author of The Fit Habit. Here she shares simple, low carb recipes, quick home workout ideas and practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.