Struggling with a flat backside? You're not alone, my friend. Today I'm sharing a review of the Brazilian Butt Lift Workout by BeachBody. It's geared toward the beginner fitness enthusiast, and designed to lift and tone not only the backside, but also address other problem areas, like your arms and tummy.
Brazilian Butt Lift Workout - Here’s what you need to know
- It’s perfect for beginners.
- It’s focused on building a stronger, fuller set of glutes while also targeting other trouble zones.
- The length of workouts range from 10 mins a day, up to 50 mins, but even on the longer days, the workouts are still pretty accessible (nothing too crazy).
- It incorporates strength training and cardio to build long, lean muscles and burn fat (all over).
- It has 11 individual workouts and the program is designed to run for 60 days (option for 30 day workout calendar as well)
Here's the Equipment You'll Need
- A set of dumbbells or resistance bands
- A towel if you’re working out on hardwood floors or strength slides if you’re on carpet
- Optional to have resistance loops and/or ankle weights
- A yoga mat is helpful, but not necessary if you have a rug or carpet
Here's the Pros of the Brazilian Butt Lift Workout
- It’s fun! I actually like doing the workouts, which is important. The first rule of consistency in fitness is to find something you enjoy doing. The instructor keeps it light and fun so you tend to forget that you’re working out (bonus!).
- It’s got a very latin, beach-y feel to it which is more interesting than staring at a boring typical backdrop.
- The programing is effective. Leandro Carvalho, the creator of Brazilian Butt Lift does a great job of targeting all three major muscles that make up your glutes. As a personal trainer, I can tell you that a lot of glute-focused programs miss the mark on this.
- It’s a well rounded program. You’ve heard me say this before - lean muscle burns fat and contrary to what a lot of folks still believe, strength training is the best method for weight loss. Cardio isn’t bad, but it won’t transform your shape like building lean muscle will. I like that this program incorporates some weight training elements that are designed to develop muscle tone (not bulk).
Here's the Cons
There are two glaringly obvious cons that I find cringe-worthy:
- The marketing materials are cheesy (hello, the 90s called and they want their advertising back).
- The over-emphasis on women in bikinis is a little degrading.
Now, to be fair, this workout was created over 11 years ago, which is why the marketing is dated, and yes, the Brazilian theme clearly reflects the bikini-clad culture of South America, but still. Ugh…
Should you give Brazilian Butt Lift a Try?
If you’re a Beachbody on Demand member, then absolutely give this program a whirl, because it's included in your membership. Even if you don’t do the whole program, the Bum Bum Workout, Sculpt, Rio Extreme and Cardio classes are super fun and effective.
Want a More Advanced Booty Program?
If you’re an intermediate or advanced fitness enthusiast, looking to improve your glute strength and shape, you’ll probably get more value from 80 Day Obsession and A Little More Obsessed (an advanced version of 80 Day Obsession). These workouts are also included in the annual membership and they're both amazing.
Both programs, created by Autumn Calabrese, are effective for building a better booty (along with leaning out other trouble areas) and they’re more current.
If you’re a fan of Autumn, you should also be aware that she’s coming out with a new program in December 2020, called 9 Week Control Freak and from what I’m hearing, it’s pretty freaking awesome.
Want More Beachbody On Demand Reviews?
I absolutely love this platform and recommend it to all my clients, even women over 50. The selection of workouts make it a great at-home fitness solution for beginners all the way to highly advanced exercisers.
My favorite intermediate programs are 80 Day Obsession (strength training), 30 Day Breakaway (running and strength training), 10 Rounds (kickboxing), Barre Blend, Morning Meltdown 100 (cardio and strength) and Lift4 (HIIT and strength training).
Let me be very clear about the advanced programs on the Beachbody on Demand app - they are NO JOKE. If you want to see what I mean, try 6 Weeks of the Work, 21 Day Fix Extreme, A Little More Obsessed or Turbo Fire. These are some of these workouts are #hardAF, but the results are insane.
Caren is a certified yoga teacher, fitness instructor and ADHD Coach. As the founder of The Fit Habit, she shares ADHD-friendly self-care, food & fitness inspiration, along with practical ways to foster mind + body wellness.